- The following reflects the General Safety Rules as outlined in the Parent-Student Handbook.
- Please review safety rules and this code of conduct with your son or daughter.
- A signature of both parent and student is required below, and must be mailed with your application materials.
As a participant in the PJYC Sailing Program, I WILL:
- Wear a properly fitted USCG life jacket at all times when on, in or nearthe water.
- Wear appropriate closed-toe shoes at all times.
- Remain within the sight and sound of my instructors and never goanywhere alone or without permission.
- Follow all instructions given by the PJYC Instructors and Staff.
- Never throw rocks or sand or engage in horseplay of any kind.
- Never jump off boats or docks.
- Never go swimming without the permission of my Instructor.
- Report any injury or accident, no matter how minor, immediately to my Instructor.
- Take good care of equipment, marine life, and the natural environment.
- Cooperate, be a good team player, and help keep it positive and fun.
- Keep it neat and clean- put all garbage and recycling where it belongs.
- Never use glass bottles or jars.
- Respect myself and peers – I will not bully, tease, use foul and/or inappropriate language, and will keep my hands and feet to myself.
Have Fun and Learn!
- Participate in all activities.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Leave all unnecessary items including electronic devices and valuables at home.
As a Parent of a participant in the PJYC Sailing Program, I WILL:
- Provide complete and accurate registration information, expressly emergency contact information and medical information.
- Review and sign the Code of Conduct with each participant I am responsible for.
- Adhere to safe Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures as outlined by PJYC including personally signing mychild in and out of class each day.
- Follow attendance, drop-off and pick-up policies.
- Send participants to PJYC with everything on the packing list.
- Address any questions, concerns or program problems with the Director of Sailing Education.
**I agree to assume the obligation for the expenses or repair and/or replacement of the program equipment, the damage of which is attributable to my child’s reckless or irresponsible behavior.
Student Print Name
Parent/Legal Guardian Print Name
Parent/Legal Guardian Signature