Welcome to Port Jefferson Yacht Club!
Information For Our Guests While Staying With Us
Reserve Your Mooring
OR Call Port Jefferson Yacht Club
Visa or Mastercard Preferred
Visa or Mastercard Preferred
Directions to Moorings and Docks:
- We are located in the Southeast corner of Port Jefferson Harbor. See the CHART Below.
- Coordinates: Lat: 40.950433 Lon: -73.0676724
- Contact our staff on VHF 68 upon passing through the Harbor Inlet. Hail “Yacht Club Launch” or “Port Jefferson Yacht Club”. They will direct you to your reserved space, or advise you if you do not have reservations.
- Approach via the main channel to Green Can 9. Then 90 degrees to Port for 100 yards.
- Moorings have Yellow Tops and should have pickup sticks.
- Docks: We have two docks, an East and West dock. Just to the Southeast of the mooring field.
Launches & Access:
- Access Card: The Launch Driver will give you an access card with all the lock codes and Wifi Password. Good for a free drink at he bar!
- Schedule: Click HERE for our complete launch schedule.
- Last Run is 15 minutes before closing.
- After Hours Access: If you will need to return from town, or arrive by water, after launch service ends, see a Launch Driver for the Access Card with the combination to the parking lot gate.
- WiFi is free at the docks and mooring field. Speak to the launch driver for your access card with the password..
- Ice is available for sale. See a launch driver.
- Pump Out: There is a self-service Pump-Out barge to the east about 1/4 mile in from the channel inlet. There is also a shore based pump-out facility, see a Launch Driver for directions. There is also a pump-out boat available on VHF 73.
- Bathrooms with Showers are available in the lower level of the Clubhouse. See a Launch Driver for your access card with the door codes.
- Shore Power: We have 30 and 50 Amp power. Let a Launch Driver know what you need.
- Dinghy Dock: The south end of the East Dock, marked in Yellow, is available to tie up a dinghy.
- Clubhouse Deck: Guests are welcome to use our deck on the upper Clubhouse. It has great views of the harbor, and provides the best sunsets in town!
- Gas Grills: We have propane grills available under the awning of the School building in the lower lot.
- Bar: Guests are welcome to join us at the “Tell Tales Bar” in the main Clubhouse. Open every Friday evening at 7 PM, and many Saturdays.
- Free Drink! Your access card, available from the Launch Drivers, is good for a free drink at bar! Can be used in the future if the bar was not open during your stay.
- Fuel: Gas and Diesel are available in the harbor just a few hundred yards west of our location. Talk to a Launch Driver for directions,
- Trash Disposal: We have trash cans under the awing in the lower lot, as well as a dumpster.
- Groceries: A convenience store with a deli and grocery items is within waling distance up the hill through town, on your right.
- West Marine: There is a West Marine store about a 10 minute Cab/Uber/Lyft ride from the docks.
- Repairs: There is a full service boatyard in the Southwest corner of the harbor with Travel-Lift. There is also a mechanic available. See a Launch Driver if you need these services.
- Restaurants: Port Jefferson has many. From relaxed seafood, to higher end Italian. Several bars. A Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Ice Cream/Candy shop, and many others. All a short walk from our docks.
- Shops: Many interesting shops. Jewelry, crafts, gifts, clothing.
- Activities: Boat Building shop (open limited hours), Maritime Activity Center (great for kids), and the Town Center which often has art showing. A Theater with live performances. Plus summer outdoor movie nights on Tuesday evenings in Harbor Park right next to our club. Also live music, Farmers market, and more. See the Town website HERE.
Weather, Tides, and other Useful Info:
- Click HERE
Full NOAA Chart of Harbor and Approaches: RNC Raster chart id: 12362 . ENC Vector chart id: US5NY17M .